Clinical Terms for Other disorders of eye and adnexa (H57)
Pupil Disorders-. Conditions which affect the structure or function of the pupil of the eye, including disorders of innervation to the pupillary constrictor or dilator muscles, and disorders of pupillary reflexes.
Anisocoria-. Unequal pupil size, which may represent a benign physiologic variant or a manifestation of disease. Pathologic anisocoria reflects an abnormality in the musculature of the iris (IRIS DISEASES) or in the parasympathetic or sympathetic pathways that innervate the pupil. Physiologic anisocoria refers to an asymmetry of pupil diameter, usually less than 2mm, that is not associated with disease.
Miosis-. Pupillary constriction. This may result from congenital absence of the dilatator pupillary muscle, defective sympathetic innervation, or irritation of the CONJUNCTIVA or CORNEA.
Mydriasis-. Dilation of pupils to greater than 6 mm combined with failure of the pupils to constrict when stimulated with light. This condition may occur due to injury of the pupillary fibers in the oculomotor nerve, in acute angle-closure glaucoma, and in ADIE SYNDROME.
Tonic Pupil-. A pupillary abnormality characterized by a poor pupillary light reaction, reduced accommodation, iris sector palsies, an enhanced pupillary response to near effort that results in a prolonged, "tonic" constriction, and slow pupillary redilation. This condition is associated with injury to the postganglionic parasympathetic innervation to the pupil.
Diseases of the eye and adnexa (H00–H59)
Other disorders of eye and adnexa (H55-H57)
- H57 - Other disorders of eye and adnexa NON-BILLABLE CODE
- H57.0 - Anomalies of pupillary function NON-BILLABLE CODE
- H57.00 - Unspecified anomaly of pupillary function BILLABLE CODE
- H57.01 - Argyll Robertson pupil, atypical BILLABLE CODE
- H57.02 - Anisocoria BILLABLE CODE
- H57.03 - Miosis BILLABLE CODE
- H57.04 - Mydriasis BILLABLE CODE
- H57.05 - Tonic pupil NON-BILLABLE CODE
- H57.051 - Tonic pupil, right eye BILLABLE CODE
- H57.052 - Tonic pupil, left eye BILLABLE CODE
- H57.053 - Tonic pupil, bilateral BILLABLE CODE
- H57.059 - Tonic pupil, unspecified eye BILLABLE CODE
- H57.09 - Other anomalies of pupillary function BILLABLE CODE
- H57.1 - Ocular pain NON-BILLABLE CODE
- H57.10 - Ocular pain, unspecified eye BILLABLE CODE
- H57.11 - Ocular pain, right eye BILLABLE CODE
- H57.12 - Ocular pain, left eye BILLABLE CODE
- H57.13 - Ocular pain, bilateral BILLABLE CODE
- H57.8 - Other specified disorders of eye and adnexa NON-BILLABLE CODE
- H57.81 - Brow ptosis NON-BILLABLE CODE
- H57.811 - Brow ptosis, right BILLABLE CODE
- H57.812 - Brow ptosis, left BILLABLE CODE
- H57.813 - Brow ptosis, bilateral BILLABLE CODE
- H57.819 - Brow ptosis, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- H57.89 - Other specified disorders of eye and adnexa BILLABLE CODE
- H57.9 - Unspecified disorder of eye and adnexa BILLABLE CODE
Other disorders of eye and adnexa (H57)