Clinical Terms for Oth disorders involving the immune mechanism, NEC (D89)
Hypergammaglobulinemia-. An excess of GAMMA-GLOBULINS in the serum due to chronic infections or PARAPROTEINEMIAS.
Cryoglobulinemia-. A condition characterized by the presence of abnormal quantities of CRYOGLOBULINS in the blood. Upon cold exposure, these abnormal proteins precipitate into the microvasculature leading to restricted blood flow in the exposed areas.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome-. A heterogenous group of disorders characterized by the abnormal increase of MAST CELLS in only the skin (MASTOCYTOSIS, CUTANEOUS), in extracutaneous tissues involving multiple organs (MASTOCYTOSIS, SYSTEMIC), or in solid tumors (MASTOCYTOMA).
Graft vs Host Disease-. The clinical entity characterized by anorexia, diarrhea, loss of hair, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, growth retardation, and eventual death brought about by the GRAFT VS HOST REACTION.
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- hyperglobulinemia NOS (R77.1)
- monoclonal gammopathy (of undetermined significance) (D47.2)
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: Type 2 Excludes Notes
A type 2 Excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- transplant failure and rejection (T86.-)
Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism (D50–D89)
Certain disorders involving the immune mechanism (D80-D89)
- D89 - Oth disorders involving the immune mechanism, NEC NON-BILLABLE CODE
- D89.0 - Polyclonal hypergammaglobulinemia BILLABLE CODE
- D89.1 - Cryoglobulinemia BILLABLE CODE
- D89.2 - Hypergammaglobulinemia, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- D89.3 - Immune reconstitution syndrome BILLABLE CODE
- D89.4 - Mast cell activation syndrome and related disorders NON-BILLABLE CODE
- D89.40 - Mast cell activation, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- D89.41 - Monoclonal mast cell activation syndrome BILLABLE CODE
- D89.42 - Idiopathic mast cell activation syndrome BILLABLE CODE
- D89.43 - Secondary mast cell activation BILLABLE CODE
- D89.49 - Other mast cell activation disorder BILLABLE CODE
- D89.8 - Oth disrd involving the immune mechanism, NEC NON-BILLABLE CODE
- D89.81 - Graft-versus-host disease NON-BILLABLE CODE
- D89.810 - Acute graft-versus-host disease BILLABLE CODE
- D89.811 - Chronic graft-versus-host disease BILLABLE CODE
- D89.812 - Acute on chronic graft-versus-host disease BILLABLE CODE
- D89.813 - Graft-versus-host disease, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- D89.82 - Autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome [ALPS] BILLABLE CODE
- D89.89 - Oth disrd involving the immune mechanism, NEC BILLABLE CODE
- D89.9 - Disorder involving the immune mechanism, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
Oth disorders involving the immune mechanism, NEC (D89)