Clinical Terms for Neutropenia (D70)
Neutropenia-. A decrease in the number of NEUTROPHILS found in the blood.
Agranulocytosis-. A decrease in the number of GRANULOCYTES; (BASOPHILS; EOSINOPHILS; and NEUTROPHILS).
- decreased absolute neurophile count (ANC)
Use Additional Code Use Additional Code
The “use additional code” indicates that a secondary code could be used to further specify the patient’s condition. This note is not mandatory and is only used if enough information is available to assign an additional code.
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism (D50–D89)
Other disorders of blood and blood-forming organs (D70-D77)
- D70 - Neutropenia NON-BILLABLE CODE
- D70.0 - Congenital agranulocytosis BILLABLE CODE
- D70.1 - Agranulocytosis secondary to cancer chemotherapy BILLABLE CODE
- D70.2 - Other drug-induced agranulocytosis BILLABLE CODE
- D70.3 - Neutropenia due to infection BILLABLE CODE
- D70.4 - Cyclic neutropenia BILLABLE CODE
- D70.8 - Other neutropenia BILLABLE CODE
- D70.9 - Neutropenia, unspecified BILLABLE CODE