Clinical Terms for Listeriosis (A32)
Listeriosis-. Infections with bacteria of the genus LISTERIA.
Listeria-. A genus of bacteria which may be found in the feces of animals and man, on vegetation, and in silage. Its species are parasitic on cold-blooded and warm-blooded animals, including man.
Meningitis-. Inflammation of the coverings of the brain and/or spinal cord, which consist of the PIA MATER; ARACHNOID; and DURA MATER. Infections (viral, bacterial, and fungal) are the most common causes of this condition, but subarachnoid hemorrhage (HEMORRHAGES, SUBARACHNOID), chemical irritation (chemical MENINGITIS), granulomatous conditions, neoplastic conditions (CARCINOMATOUS MENINGITIS), and other inflammatory conditions may produce this syndrome.
Meningitis, Listeria-. Inflammation of the meninges caused by LISTERIA MONOCYTOGENES infection, usually occurring in individuals under the age of 3 years or over the age of 50 years. It may occur at any age in individuals with IMMUNOLOGIC DEFICIENCY SYNDROMES. Clinical manifestations include FEVER, altered mentation, HEADACHE, meningeal signs, focal neurologic signs, and SEIZURES.
- listerial foodborne infection
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- neonatal disseminated listeriosis P37.2
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Other bacterial diseases (A30-A49)
- A32 - Listeriosis NON-BILLABLE CODE
- A32.0 - Cutaneous listeriosis BILLABLE CODE
- A32.1 - Listerial meningitis and meningoencephalitis NON-BILLABLE CODE
- A32.11 - Listerial meningitis BILLABLE CODE
- A32.12 - Listerial meningoencephalitis BILLABLE CODE
- A32.7 - Listerial sepsis BILLABLE CODE
- A32.8 - Other forms of listeriosis NON-BILLABLE CODE
- A32.81 - Oculoglandular listeriosis BILLABLE CODE
- A32.82 - Listerial endocarditis BILLABLE CODE
- A32.89 - Other forms of listeriosis BILLABLE CODE
- A32.9 - Listeriosis, unspecified BILLABLE CODE