Clinical Terms for Leptospirosis (A27)
Leptospirosis-. Infections with bacteria of the genus LEPTOSPIRA.
Leptospira-. A genus of aerobic, helical spirochetes, some species of which are pathogenic, others free-living or saprophytic.
Weil Disease-. A severe form of LEPTOSPIROSIS, usually caused by LEPTOSPIRA INTERROGANS SEROVAR ICTEROHAEMORRHAGIAE and occasionally other serovars. It is transmitted to humans by the rat and is characterized by hemorrhagic and renal symptoms with accompanying JAUNDICE. If not caused by LEPTOSPIRA INTERROGANS SEROVAR ICTEROHAEMORRHAGIAE, coord IM with specific Leptospira interrogans serovar (IM) or LEPTOSPIRA INTERROGANS (IM)
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Certain zoonotic bacterial diseases (A20-A28)
- A27 - Leptospirosis NON-BILLABLE CODE
- A27.0 - Leptospirosis icterohemorrhagica BILLABLE CODE
- A27.8 - Other forms of leptospirosis NON-BILLABLE CODE
- A27.81 - Aseptic meningitis in leptospirosis BILLABLE CODE
- A27.89 - Other forms of leptospirosis BILLABLE CODE
- A27.9 - Leptospirosis, unspecified BILLABLE CODE