Clinical Terms for Impulse disorders (F63)
Disruptive, Impulse Control, and Conduct Disorders-. Disorders whose essential features are the failure to resist an impulse, drive, or temptation to perform an act that is harmful to the individual or to others. Individuals experience an increased sense of tension prior to the act and pleasure, gratification or release of tension at the time of committing the act.
Pathological Gambling-. An activity distinguished primarily by an element of risk in trying to obtain a desired goal, e.g., playing a game of chance for money.
Pyromania-. A compulsion to set fires.
Trichotillomania-. Compulsion to pull out one's hair.
Type 2 Excludes Type 2 Excludes
A type 2 excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- habitual excessive use of alcohol or psychoactive substances F10 F19
- impulse disorders involving sexual behavior F65
Mental and behavioural disorders (F00–F99)
Disorders of adult personality and behavior (F60-F69)
- F63 - Impulse disorders NON-BILLABLE CODE
- F63.0 - Pathological gambling BILLABLE CODE
- F63.1 - Pyromania BILLABLE CODE
- F63.2 - Kleptomania BILLABLE CODE
- F63.3 - Trichotillomania BILLABLE CODE
- F63.8 - Other impulse disorders NON-BILLABLE CODE
- F63.81 - Intermittent explosive disorder BILLABLE CODE
- F63.89 - Other impulse disorders BILLABLE CODE
- F63.9 - Impulse disorder, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
Impulse disorders (F63)