Clinical Terms for Early syphilis (A51)
Syphilis-. A contagious venereal disease caused by the spirochete TREPONEMA PALLIDUM.
Treponema pallidum-. The causative agent of venereal and non-venereal syphilis as well as yaws.
Antitreponemal Agents-. Agents used to treat infections with bacteria of the genus TREPONEMA. This includes SYPHILIS & YAWS.
Syphilis, Cutaneous-. Cutaneous lesions arising from infection with Treponema pallidum. In the primary stage, 18-21 days following infection, one or more chancres appear. If untreated, the subsequent stages of the disease appear as syphilids. These eruptions are superficial, nondestructive, exanthematic, transient, macular roseolas that may later be maculopapular or papular polymorphous or scaly, pustular, pigmented eruptions.
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Infections with a predominantly sexual mode of transmission (A50-A64)
- A51 - Early syphilis NON-BILLABLE CODE
- A51.0 - Primary genital syphilis BILLABLE CODE
- A51.1 - Primary anal syphilis BILLABLE CODE
- A51.2 - Primary syphilis of other sites BILLABLE CODE
- A51.3 - Secondary syphilis of skin and mucous membranes NON-BILLABLE CODE
- A51.31 - Condyloma latum BILLABLE CODE
- A51.32 - Syphilitic alopecia BILLABLE CODE
- A51.39 - Other secondary syphilis of skin BILLABLE CODE
- A51.4 - Other secondary syphilis NON-BILLABLE CODE
- A51.41 - Secondary syphilitic meningitis BILLABLE CODE
- A51.42 - Secondary syphilitic female pelvic disease BILLABLE CODE
- A51.43 - Secondary syphilitic oculopathy BILLABLE CODE
- A51.44 - Secondary syphilitic nephritis BILLABLE CODE
- A51.45 - Secondary syphilitic hepatitis BILLABLE CODE
- A51.46 - Secondary syphilitic osteopathy BILLABLE CODE
- A51.49 - Other secondary syphilitic conditions BILLABLE CODE
- A51.5 - Early syphilis, latent BILLABLE CODE
- A51.9 - Early syphilis, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
Early syphilis (A51)