Clinical Terms for Dystonia (G24)
Dystonia-. An attitude or posture due to the co-contraction of agonists and antagonist muscles in one region of the body. It most often affects the large axial muscles of the trunk and limb girdles. Conditions which feature persistent or recurrent episodes of dystonia as a primary manifestation of disease are referred to as DYSTONIC DISORDERS.
Dystonic Disorders-. Acquired and inherited conditions that feature DYSTONIA as a primary manifestation of disease. These disorders are generally divided into generalized dystonias (e.g., dystonia musculorum deformans) and focal dystonias (e.g., writer's cramp). They are also classified by patterns of inheritance and by age of onset.
Blepharospasm-. Excessive winking; tonic or clonic spasm of the orbicularis oculi muscle.
Torticollis-. A symptom, not a disease, of a twisted neck. In most instances, the head is tipped toward one side and the chin rotated toward the other. The involuntary muscle contractions in the neck region of patients with torticollis can be due to congenital defects, trauma, inflammation, tumors, and neurological or other factors.
Type 2 Excludes Type 2 Excludes
A type 2 excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- athetoid cerebral palsy G80.3
Diseases of the nervous system (G00–G99)
Extrapyramidal and movement disorders (G20-G26)
- G24 - Dystonia NON-BILLABLE CODE
- G24.0 - Drug induced dystonia NON-BILLABLE CODE
- G24.01 - Drug induced subacute dyskinesia BILLABLE CODE
- G24.02 - Drug induced acute dystonia BILLABLE CODE
- G24.09 - Other drug induced dystonia BILLABLE CODE
- G24.1 - Genetic torsion dystonia BILLABLE CODE
- G24.2 - Idiopathic nonfamilial dystonia BILLABLE CODE
- G24.3 - Spasmodic torticollis BILLABLE CODE
- G24.4 - Idiopathic orofacial dystonia BILLABLE CODE
- G24.5 - Blepharospasm BILLABLE CODE
- G24.8 - Other dystonia BILLABLE CODE
- G24.9 - Dystonia, unspecified BILLABLE CODE