Clinical Terms for Dissociative and conversion disorders (F44)
Dissociative Disorders-. Sudden temporary alterations in the normally integrative functions of consciousness.
Conversion Disorder-. A disorder whose predominant feature is a loss or alteration in physical functioning that suggests a physical disorder but that is actually a direct expression of a psychological conflict or need.
Hysteria-. Historical term for a chronic, but fluctuating, disorder beginning in early life and characterized by recurrent and multiple somatic complaints not apparently due to physical illness. This diagnosis is not used in contemporary practice.
- conversion hysteria
- conversion reaction
- hysterical psychosis
Type 2 Excludes Type 2 Excludes
A type 2 excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- malingering [conscious simulation] Z76.5
Mental and behavioural disorders (F00–F99)
Anxiety, dissociative, stress-related, somatoform and other nonpsychotic mental disorders (F40-F48)
- F44 - Dissociative and conversion disorders NON-BILLABLE CODE
- F44.0 - Dissociative amnesia BILLABLE CODE
- F44.1 - Dissociative fugue BILLABLE CODE
- F44.2 - Dissociative stupor BILLABLE CODE
- F44.4 - Conversion disorder with motor symptom or deficit BILLABLE CODE
- F44.5 - Conversion disorder with seizures or convulsions BILLABLE CODE
- F44.6 - Conversion disorder with sensory symptom or deficit BILLABLE CODE
- F44.7 - Conversion disorder with mixed symptom presentation BILLABLE CODE
- F44.8 - Other dissociative and conversion disorders NON-BILLABLE CODE
- F44.81 - Dissociative identity disorder BILLABLE CODE
- F44.89 - Other dissociative and conversion disorders BILLABLE CODE
- F44.9 - Dissociative and conversion disorder, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
Dissociative and conversion disorders (F44)