Clinical Terms for Disorders of lipoprotein metabolism and other lipidemias (E78)
Hypercholesterolemia-. A condition with abnormally high levels of CHOLESTEROL in the blood. It is defined as a cholesterol value exceeding the 95th percentile for the population.
Hyperlipidemias-. Conditions with excess LIPIDS in the blood.
Barth Syndrome-. Rare congenital X-linked disorder of lipid metabolism. Barth syndrome is transmitted in an X-linked recessive pattern. The syndrome is characterized by muscular weakness, growth retardation, DILATED CARDIOMYOPATHY, variable NEUTROPENIA, 3-methylglutaconic aciduria (type II) and decreases in mitochondrial CARDIOLIPIN level. Other biochemical and morphological mitochondrial abnormalities also exist.
Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome-. An autosomal recessive disorder of CHOLESTEROL metabolism. It is caused by a deficiency of 7-dehydrocholesterol reductase, the enzyme that converts 7-dehydrocholesterol to cholesterol, leading to an abnormally low plasma cholesterol. This syndrome is characterized by multiple CONGENITAL ABNORMALITIES, growth deficiency, and INTELLECTUAL DISABILITY.
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases (E00–E90)
Metabolic disorders (E70-E88)
- E78 - Disorders of lipoprotein metabolism and other lipidemias NON-BILLABLE CODE
- E78.0 - Pure hypercholesterolemia NON-BILLABLE CODE
- E78.00 - Pure hypercholesterolemia, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- E78.01 - Familial hypercholesterolemia BILLABLE CODE
- E78.1 - Pure hyperglyceridemia BILLABLE CODE
- E78.2 - Mixed hyperlipidemia BILLABLE CODE
- E78.3 - Hyperchylomicronemia BILLABLE CODE
- E78.4 - Other hyperlipidemia NON-BILLABLE CODE
- E78.41 - Elevated Lipoprotein(a) BILLABLE CODE
- E78.49 - Other hyperlipidemia BILLABLE CODE
- E78.5 - Hyperlipidemia, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- E78.6 - Lipoprotein deficiency BILLABLE CODE
- E78.7 - Disorders of bile acid and cholesterol metabolism NON-BILLABLE CODE
- E78.70 - Disorder of bile acid and cholesterol metabolism, unsp BILLABLE CODE
- E78.71 - Barth syndrome BILLABLE CODE
- E78.72 - Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome BILLABLE CODE
- E78.79 - Other disorders of bile acid and cholesterol metabolism BILLABLE CODE
- E78.8 - Other disorders of lipoprotein metabolism NON-BILLABLE CODE
- E78.81 - Lipoid dermatoarthritis BILLABLE CODE
- E78.89 - Other lipoprotein metabolism disorders BILLABLE CODE
- E78.9 - Disorder of lipoprotein metabolism, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
Disorders of lipoprotein metabolism and other lipidemias (E78)