Clinical Terms for Disorders of autonomic nervous system (G90)
Facial Neuralgia-. Neuralgic syndromes which feature chronic or recurrent FACIAL PAIN as the primary manifestation of disease. Disorders of the trigeminal and facial nerves are frequently associated with these conditions.
Horner Syndrome-. A syndrome associated with defective sympathetic innervation to one side of the face, including the eye. Clinical features include MIOSIS; mild BLEPHAROPTOSIS; and hemifacial ANHIDROSIS (decreased sweating)(see HYPOHIDROSIS). Lesions of the BRAIN STEM; cervical SPINAL CORD; first thoracic nerve root; apex of the LUNG; CAROTID ARTERY; CAVERNOUS SINUS; and apex of the ORBIT may cause this condition.
Syncope-. A transient loss of consciousness and postural tone caused by diminished blood flow to the brain (i.e., BRAIN ISCHEMIA). Presyncope refers to the sensation of lightheadedness and loss of strength that precedes a syncopal event or accompanies an incomplete syncope.
Dysautonomia, Familial-. An autosomal disorder of the peripheral and autonomic nervous systems limited to individuals of Ashkenazic Jewish descent. Clinical manifestations are present at birth and include diminished lacrimation, defective thermoregulation, orthostatic hypotension (HYPOTENSION, ORTHOSTATIC), fixed pupils, excessive SWEATING, loss of pain and temperature sensation, and absent reflexes. Pathologic features include reduced numbers of small diameter peripheral nerve fibers and autonomic ganglion neurons.
Autonomic Dysreflexia-. A syndrome associated with damage to the spinal cord above the mid thoracic level (see SPINAL CORD INJURIES) characterized by a marked increase in the sympathetic response to minor stimuli such as bladder or rectal distention. Manifestations include HYPERTENSION; TACHYCARDIA (or reflex bradycardia); FEVER; FLUSHING; and HYPERHIDROSIS. Extreme hypertension may be associated with a STROKE.
Complex Regional Pain Syndromes-. Conditions characterized by pain involving an extremity or other body region, HYPERESTHESIA, and localized autonomic dysfunction following injury to soft tissue or nerve. The pain is usually associated with ERYTHEMA; SKIN TEMPERATURE changes, abnormal sudomotor activity (i.e., changes in sweating due to altered sympathetic innervation) or edema. The degree of pain and other manifestations is out of proportion to that expected from the inciting event. Two subtypes of this condition have been described: type I; (REFLEX SYMPATHETIC DYSTROPHY) and type II; (CAUSALGIA).
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system due to alcohol G31.2
Diseases of the nervous system (G00–G99)
Other disorders of the nervous system (G89-G99)
- G90 - Disorders of autonomic nervous system NON-BILLABLE CODE
- G90.0 - Idiopathic peripheral autonomic neuropathy NON-BILLABLE CODE
- G90.01 - Carotid sinus syncope BILLABLE CODE
- G90.09 - Other idiopathic peripheral autonomic neuropathy BILLABLE CODE
- G90.1 - Familial dysautonomia [Riley-Day] BILLABLE CODE
- G90.2 - Horner's syndrome BILLABLE CODE
- G90.3 - Multi-system degeneration of the autonomic nervous system BILLABLE CODE
- G90.4 - Autonomic dysreflexia BILLABLE CODE
- G90.5 - Complex regional pain syndrome I (CRPS I) NON-BILLABLE CODE
- G90.50 - Complex regional pain syndrome I, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- G90.51 - Complex regional pain syndrome I of upper limb NON-BILLABLE CODE
- G90.511 - Complex regional pain syndrome I of right upper limb BILLABLE CODE
- G90.512 - Complex regional pain syndrome I of left upper limb BILLABLE CODE
- G90.513 - Complex regional pain syndrome I of upper limb, bilateral BILLABLE CODE
- G90.519 - Complex regional pain syndrome I of unspecified upper limb BILLABLE CODE
- G90.52 - Complex regional pain syndrome I of lower limb NON-BILLABLE CODE
- G90.521 - Complex regional pain syndrome I of right lower limb BILLABLE CODE
- G90.522 - Complex regional pain syndrome I of left lower limb BILLABLE CODE
- G90.523 - Complex regional pain syndrome I of lower limb, bilateral BILLABLE CODE
- G90.529 - Complex regional pain syndrome I of unspecified lower limb BILLABLE CODE
- G90.59 - Complex regional pain syndrome I of other specified site BILLABLE CODE
- G90.8 - Other disorders of autonomic nervous system BILLABLE CODE
- G90.9 - Disorder of the autonomic nervous system, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
Disorders of autonomic nervous system (G90)