Clinical Terms for Blastomycosis (B40)
Blastomycosis-. A fungal infection that may appear in two forms: 1, a primary lesion characterized by the formation of a small cutaneous nodule and small nodules along the lymphatics that may heal within several months; and 2, chronic granulomatous lesions characterized by thick crusts, warty growths, and unusual vascularity and infection in the middle or upper lobes of the lung.
Blastomyces-. A genus of onygenacetous mitosporic fungi whose perfect state is Ajellomyces (see ONYGENALES). The species Blastomyces dermatitidis (perfect state Ajellomyces dermatitidis) causes blastomycosis.
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- Brazilian blastomycosis (B41.-)
- keloidal blastomycosis (B48.0)
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
- B40 - Blastomycosis NON-BILLABLE CODE
- B40.0 - Acute pulmonary blastomycosis BILLABLE CODE
- B40.1 - Chronic pulmonary blastomycosis BILLABLE CODE
- B40.2 - Pulmonary blastomycosis, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- B40.3 - Cutaneous blastomycosis BILLABLE CODE
- B40.7 - Disseminated blastomycosis BILLABLE CODE
- B40.8 - Other forms of blastomycosis NON-BILLABLE CODE
- B40.81 - Blastomycotic meningoencephalitis BILLABLE CODE
- B40.89 - Other forms of blastomycosis BILLABLE CODE
- B40.9 - Blastomycosis, unspecified BILLABLE CODE