Clinical Terms for Amebiasis (A06)
Amebiasis-. Infection with any of various amebae. It is an asymptomatic carrier state in most individuals, but diseases ranging from chronic, mild diarrhea to fulminant dysentery may occur.
Dysentery, Amebic-. DYSENTERY caused by intestinal amebic infection, chiefly with ENTAMOEBA HISTOLYTICA. This condition may be associated with amebic infection of the LIVER and other distant sites.
Liver Abscess, Amebic-. Single or multiple areas of PUS due to infection by any ameboid protozoa (AMEBIASIS). A common form is caused by the ingestion of ENTAMOEBA HISTOLYTICA.
- infection due to Entamoeba histolytica
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- other protozoal intestinal diseases A07
Type 2 Excludes Type 2 Excludes
A type 2 excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Intestinal infectious diseases (A00-A09)
- A06 - Amebiasis NON-BILLABLE CODE
- A06.0 - Acute amebic dysentery BILLABLE CODE
- A06.1 - Chronic intestinal amebiasis BILLABLE CODE
- A06.2 - Amebic nondysenteric colitis BILLABLE CODE
- A06.3 - Ameboma of intestine BILLABLE CODE
- A06.4 - Amebic liver abscess BILLABLE CODE
- A06.5 - Amebic lung abscess BILLABLE CODE
- A06.6 - Amebic brain abscess BILLABLE CODE
- A06.7 - Cutaneous amebiasis BILLABLE CODE
- A06.8 - Amebic infection of other sites NON-BILLABLE CODE
- A06.81 - Amebic cystitis BILLABLE CODE
- A06.82 - Other amebic genitourinary infections BILLABLE CODE
- A06.89 - Other amebic infections BILLABLE CODE
- A06.9 - Amebiasis, unspecified BILLABLE CODE