Diagnosis Code I77
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code I77 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: Type 2 Excludes Notes
A type 2 Excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- collagen (vascular) diseases (M30-M36)
- hypersensitivity angiitis (M31.0)
- pulmonary artery (I28.-)
Information for Patients
The vascular system is the body's network of blood vessels. It includes the arteries, veins and capillaries that carry blood to and from the heart. Problems of the vascular system are common and can be serious. Arteries can become thick and stiff, a problem called atherosclerosis. Blood clots can clog vessels and block blood flow to the heart or brain. Weakened blood vessels can burst, causing bleeding inside the body.
You are more likely to have vascular disease as you get older. Other factors that make vascular disease more likely include
- Family history of vascular or heart diseases
- Illness or injury
- Long periods of sitting or standing still
- Any condition that affects the heart and blood vessels, such as diabetes or high cholesterol
Losing weight, eating healthy foods, being active and not smoking can help vascular disease. Other treatments include medicines and surgery.
- Aortic arch syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Arterial embolism (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Arteriogram (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cerebral angiography (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Duplex ultrasound (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Venous insufficiency (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Venous ulcers -- self-care (Medical Encyclopedia)