Diagnosis Code H30.1
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code H30.1 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Disseminated chorioretinitis
- Disseminated choroiditis
- Disseminated retinitis
- Disseminated retinochoroiditis
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: Type 2 Excludes Notes
A type 2 Excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- exudative retinopathy (H35.02-)
Information for Patients
The retina is a layer of tissue in the back of your eye that senses light and sends images to your brain. In the center of this nerve tissue is the macula. It provides the sharp, central vision needed for reading, driving and seeing fine detail.
Retinal disorders affect this vital tissue. They can affect your vision, and some can be serious enough to cause blindness. Examples are
- Macular degeneration - a disease that destroys your sharp, central vision
- Diabetic eye disease
- Retinal detachment - a medical emergency, when the retina is pulled away from the back of the eye
- Retinoblastoma - cancer of the retina. It is most common in young children.
- Macular pucker - scar tissue on the macula
- Macular hole - a small break in the macula that usually happens to people over 60
- Floaters - cobwebs or specks in your field of vision
NIH: National Eye Institute
- Amaurosis fugax (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Central serous choroidopathy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Electroretinography (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Fluorescein angiography (Medical Encyclopedia)
- High blood pressure and eye disease (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Home vision tests (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Intravitreal injection (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Retinal artery occlusion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Retinal vein occlusion (Medical Encyclopedia)