Diagnosis Code H01.0
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code H01.0 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- blepharoconjunctivitis (H10.5-)
Information for Patients
Your eyelids help protect your eyes. When you blink, your eyelids spread moisture over your eyes. Blinking also helps move dirt or other particles off the surface of the eye. You close your eyelids when you see something coming toward your eyes. This can help protect against injuries.
Like most other parts of your body, your eyelids can get infected, inflamed, or even develop cancer. There are also specific eyelid problems, including
- Eyelids that turn in or out
- Eyelids that droop
- Abnormal blinking or twitching
Treatment of eyelid problems depends on the cause.
- Blepharitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Chalazion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ectropion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Entropion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Eyelid bump (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Eyelid drooping (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Eyelid lift (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Eyelid twitch (Medical Encyclopedia)