Diagnosis Code G95.8
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code G95.8 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- neurogenic bladder NOS (N31.9)
- neurogenic bladder due to cauda equina syndrome (G83.4)
- neuromuscular dysfunction of bladder WITH "With"
The word "with" should be interpreted to mean "associated with" or "due to" when it appears in a code title, the Alphabetic Index, or an instructional note in the Tabular List. The word "with" in the Alphabetic Index is sequenced immediately following the main term, not in alphabetical order.out spinal cord lesion (N31.-)
Information for Patients
Spinal Cord Diseases
Your spinal cord is a bundle of nerves that runs down the middle of your back. It carries signals back and forth between your body and your brain. It is protected by your vertebrae, which are the bone disks that make up your spine. If you have an accident that damages the vertebrae or other parts of the spine, this can also injure the spinal cord. Other spinal cord problems include
- Infections such as meningitis and polio
- Inflammatory diseases
- Autoimmune diseases
- Degenerative diseases such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and spinal muscular atrophy
Symptoms vary but might include pain, numbness, loss of sensation and muscle weakness. These symptoms can occur around the spinal cord, and also in other areas such as your arms and legs. Treatments often include medicines and surgery.
- Epidural abscess (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spinal cord abscess (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spinal tumor (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Subacute combined degeneration (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Syphilitic myelopathy (Medical Encyclopedia)