Diagnosis Code D81.818
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code D81.818 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V35.0)
- 640 - MISCELLANEOUS DISORDERS OF NUTRITION, METABOLISM , FLUIDS AND ELECTROLYTES WITH MCC
- 641 - MISCELLANEOUS DISORDERS OF NUTRITION, METABOLISM , FLUIDS AND ELECTROLYTES WITHOUT MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 266.2 - B-complex defic NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Holocarboxylase synthase deficiency
- Propionic acidemia
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code D81.818 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Holocarboxylase synthetase deficiency
- Other multiple carboxylase deficiency
Information for Patients
Immune System and Disorders
Your immune system is a complex network of cells, tissues, and organs that work together to defend against germs. It helps your body to recognize these "foreign" invaders. Then its job is to keep them out, or if it can't, to find and destroy them.
If your immune system cannot do its job, the results can be serious. Disorders of the immune system include
- Allergy and asthma - immune responses to substances that are usually not harmful
- Immune deficiency diseases - disorders in which the immune system is missing one or more of its parts
- Autoimmune diseases - diseases causing your immune system to attack your own body's cells and tissues by mistake
NIH: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Agammaglobulinemia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Aging changes in immunity (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Chronic granulomatous disease (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Graft-versus-host disease (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Histiocytosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hyperimmunoglobulin E syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Immune response (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Immunodeficiency disorders (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Selective deficiency of IgA (Medical Encyclopedia)
Holocarboxylase synthetase deficiency Holocarboxylase synthetase deficiency is an inherited disorder in which the body is unable to use the vitamin biotin effectively. This disorder is classified as a multiple carboxylase deficiency, a group of disorders characterized by impaired activity of certain enzymes that depend on biotin.The signs and symptoms of holocarboxylase synthetase deficiency typically appear within the first few months of life, but the age of onset varies. Affected infants often have difficulty feeding, breathing problems, a skin rash, hair loss (alopecia), and a lack of energy (lethargy). Immediate treatment and lifelong management with biotin supplements may prevent many of these complications. If left untreated, the disorder can lead to delayed development, seizures, and coma. These medical problems may be life-threatening in some cases.