Diagnosis Code C94.41
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code C94.41 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V35.0)
- 820 - LYMPHOMA AND LEUKEMIA WITH MAJOR O.R. PROCEDURE WITH MCC
- 821 - LYMPHOMA AND LEUKEMIA WITH MAJOR O.R. PROCEDURE WITH CC
- 822 - LYMPHOMA AND LEUKEMIA WITH MAJOR O.R. PROCEDURE WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 238.79 - Lymph/hematpoitc tis NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Information for Patients
Bone Marrow Diseases
Bone marrow is the spongy tissue inside some of your bones, such as your hip and thigh bones. It contains stem cells. The stem cells can develop into the red blood cells that carry oxygen through your body, the white blood cells that fight infections, and the platelets that help with blood clotting.
With bone marrow disease, there are problems with the stem cells or how they develop:
- In leukemia, a cancer of the blood, the bone marrow makes abnormal white blood cells
- In aplastic anemia, the bone marrow doesn't make red blood cells
- In myeloproliferative disorders, the bone marrow makes too many white blood cells
- Other diseases, such as lymphoma, can spread into the bone marrow and affect the production of blood cells
Causes of bone marrow diseases include genetics and environmental factors. Tests for bone marrow diseases include blood and bone marrow tests. Treatments depend on the disorder and how severe it is. They might involve medicines, blood transfusions or a bone marrow transplant.
- Bone marrow aspiration (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Bone marrow culture (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Bone marrow transplant (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Bone marrow transplant - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Myelofibrosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Polycythemia vera (Medical Encyclopedia)