Diagnosis Code C74.10
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code C74.10 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V35.0)
- 643 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 644 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITH CC
- 645 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 194.0 - Malign neopl adrenal (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Malignant neoplasm of adrenal medulla
- Neoplasm of adrenal medulla
- Primary malignant neoplasm of adrenal gland
- Primary malignant neoplasm of adrenal medulla
Information for Patients
Adrenal Gland Cancer
Your adrenal, or suprarenal, glands are located on the top of each kidney. These glands produce hormones that you can't live without, including sex hormones and cortisol, which helps you respond to stress and has many other functions.
A number of disorders can affect the adrenal glands, including tumors. Tumors can be either benign or malignant. Benign tumors aren't cancer. Malignant ones are. Most adrenal gland tumors are benign. They usually do not cause symptoms and may not require treatment. Malignant adrenal gland cancers are uncommon.
Types of tumors include
- Adrenocortical carcinoma - cancer in the outer part of the gland
- Neuroblastoma, a type of childhood cancer
- Pheochromocytoma - a rare tumor that is usually benign
Symptoms depend on the type of cancer you have. Treatments may include surgery, chemotherapy, or radiation therapy.
- Adrenalectomy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Adrenocortical carcinoma (Medical Encyclopedia)
- After chemotherapy - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Understanding Chemotherapy - NIH - Easy-to-Read (National Cancer Institute)
- What to Know about External Beam Radiation Therapy - NIH - Easy-to-Read (National Cancer Institute)