Diagnosis Code A63.8
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code A63.8 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 727 - INFLAMMATION OF THE MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM WITH MCC
- 728 - INFLAMMATION OF THE MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM WITHOUT MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 099.8 - Venereal disease NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Anaerobic balanitis
- Bacterial balanitis
- Ulcerative balanoposthitis
Information for Patients
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Also called: STDs, Sexually transmitted infections, Venereal disease
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections that are passed from one person to another through sexual contact. The causes of STDs are bacteria, parasites, yeast, and viruses. There are more than 20 types of STDs, including
- Genital herpes
Most STDs affect both men and women, but in many cases the health problems they cause can be more severe for women. If a pregnant woman has an STD, it can cause serious health problems for the baby.
Antibiotics can treat STDs caused by bacteria, yeast, or parasites. There is no cure for STDs caused by a virus, but medicines can often help with the symptoms and keep the disease under control.
Correct usage of latex condoms greatly reduces, but does not completely eliminate, the risk of catching or spreading STDs.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Chancroid (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Condom Fact Sheet in Brief (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Donovanosis (granuloma inguinale) (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Genital sores - female (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Genital sores - male (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Safe sex (Medical Encyclopedia)