Information for Medical Professionals
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Unacceptable principal diagnosis - There are selected codes that describe a circumstance which influences an individual’s health status but not a current illness or injury, or codes that are not specific manifestations but may be due to an underlying cause. These codes are considered unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). The diagnosis code Z16.10 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V36.0 applicable from 10/01/2018 through 09/30/2019.
- 867 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 868 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 869 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert Z16.10 to ICD-9
The following crosswalk between ICD-10 to ICD-9 is based based on the General Equivalence Mappings (GEMS) information:
- V09.1 - Inf mcrg rstn b-lactam (Approximate Flag)
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Beta lactam resistant bacterial infection
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code Z16.10 are found in the index: