Valid for Submission
Z04.41 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of encounter for examination and observation following alleged adult rape. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code Z04.41 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like examination for alleged rape done or examination for sexual abuse done or special examination performed.
The code Z04.41 is applicable to adult patients aged 15 through 124 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Encounter for exam and obs following alleged adult rape|
|Long Description:||Encounter for examination and observation following alleged adult rape|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code Z04.41:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Suspected adult rape, ruled out
- Suspected adult sexual abuse, ruled out
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code Z04.41 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Adult diagnoses - Adult. Age range is 15–124 years inclusive (e.g., senile delirium, mature cataract).
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Examination for alleged rape done
- Examination for sexual abuse done
- Special examination performed
Convert Z04.41 to ICD-9
- V71.5 - Observ following rape (Approximate Flag)
Factors influencing health status and contact with health services (Z00–Z99)
Persons encountering health services for examinations (Z00-Z13)
Encounter for examination and observation for other reasons (Z04)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020