Valid for Submission
Y35.891A is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of legal intervention involving other specified means, law enforcement official injured, initial encounter. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
|Short Description:||Legal intervnt w oth means, law enforc offl injured, init|
|Long Description:||Legal intervention involving other specified means, law enforcement official injured, initial encounter|
This code was replaced in the 2020 ICD-10 code set with the code(s) listed below. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) has published an update to the ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes which became effective October 1, 2019. This code was replaced for the FY 2020 (October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2020).
- Y35.831A - Legal intrvnt w a cond energy device, law enforc inj, init
Convert Y35.891A to ICD-9
- E975 - Legal intervention NEC (Approximate Flag)
External causes of morbidity and mortality (V01–Y98)
Legal intervention, operations of war, military operations, and terrorism (Y35-Y38)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020