Valid for Submission
S68.616S is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of complete traumatic transphalangeal amputation of right little finger, sequela. The code is valid for the fiscal year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The code is exempt from present on admission (POA) reporting for inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals.
|Short Description:||Complete traumatic trnsphal amp of r little finger, sequela|
|Long Description:||Complete traumatic transphalangeal amputation of right little finger, sequela|
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code S68.616S is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V38.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2021.
- 559 - AFTERCARE, MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE WITH MCC
- 560 - AFTERCARE, MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE WITH CC
- 561 - AFTERCARE, MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE WITHOUT CC/MCC
Present on Admission (POA)
S68.616S is exempt from POA reporting - The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement. Review other POA exempt codes here .
CMS POA Indicator Options and Definitions
|POA Indicator Code||POA Reason for Code||CMS will pay the CC/MCC DRG?|
|Y||Diagnosis was present at time of inpatient admission.||YES|
|N||Diagnosis was not present at time of inpatient admission.||NO|
|U||Documentation insufficient to determine if the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||NO|
|W||Clinically undetermined - unable to clinically determine whether the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||YES|
|1||Unreported/Not used - Exempt from POA reporting. ||NO|
Convert S68.616S to ICD-9
- 905.9 - Late eff traumat amputat (Approximate Flag)
Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes (S00–T98)
Injuries to the wrist, hand and fingers (S60-S69)
Traumatic amputation of wrist, hand and fingers (S68)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021