Valid for Submission
S56.299A is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other injury of other flexor muscle, fascia and tendon at forearm level, unspecified arm, initial encounter. The code is valid for the fiscal year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code S56.299A might also be used to specify conditions or terms like traumatic division of long flexor tendon - zone 4 or traumatic division of long flexor tendon of forearm, wrist or hand.
|Short Description:||Inj oth flexor musc/fasc/tend at forarm lv, unsp arm, init|
|Long Description:||Other injury of other flexor muscle, fascia and tendon at forearm level, unspecified arm, initial encounter|
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Traumatic division of long flexor tendon - zone 4
- Traumatic division of long flexor tendon of forearm, wrist or hand
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code S56.299A is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V38.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2021.
- 913 - TRAUMATIC INJURY WITH MCC
- 914 - TRAUMATIC INJURY WITHOUT MCC
Convert S56.299A to ICD-9
- 959.3 - Elb/forearm/wrst inj NOS (Approximate Flag)
Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes (S00–T98)
Injuries to the elbow and forearm (S50-S59)
Injury of muscle, fascia and tendon at forearm level (S56)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021