Not Valid for Submission
S37.899 is a "header" nonspecific and non-billable diagnosis code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of unspecified injury of other urinary and pelvic organ. The code is NOT valid for the year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. Category or Header define the heading of a category of codes that may be further subdivided by the use of 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th characters.
The ICD-10-CM code S37.899 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like injury of broad ligament, injury of seminal vesicle, injury of seminal vesicle with open wound into abdominal cavity, injury of seminal vesicle without open wound into abdominal cavity, injury of spermatic cord , injury of urinary conduit, etc.
Unspecified diagnosis codes like S37.899 are acceptable when clinical information is unknown or not available about a particular condition. Although a more specific code is preferable, unspecified codes should be used when such codes most accurately reflect what is known about a patient's condition. Specific diagnosis codes should not be used if not supported by the patient's medical record.
Specific Coding for Unspecified injury of other urinary and pelvic organ
Header codes like S37.899 require more digits to indicate the appropriate level of specificity. Consider using any of the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity when coding for unspecified injury of other urinary and pelvic organ:
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code S37.899 are found in the index:
- - Injury - See Also: specified injury type; - T14.90
- - blast (air) (hydraulic) (immersion) (underwater) NEC - T14.8
- - intra-abdominal - S36.90
- - pelvis, pelvic (floor) - S39.93
- - urinary organ - S37.90
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Injury of broad ligament
- Injury of seminal vesicle
- Injury of seminal vesicle with open wound into abdominal cavity
- Injury of seminal vesicle without open wound into abdominal cavity
- Injury of spermatic cord
- Injury of urinary conduit
- Injury of vas deferens
- Injury of vas deferens with open wound into abdominal cavity
- Injury of vas deferens without open injury to abdominal cavity
- Rupture of urinary conduit