Valid for Submission
R91.1 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of solitary pulmonary nodule. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code R91.1 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like coin lesion, coin lesion of lung, finding of number of lesions, pulmonary nodule following infection by coccidioides, single lesion, solitary nodule of lung, etc
According to ICD-10-CM guidelines this code should not to be used as a principal diagnosis code when a related definitive diagnosis has been established.
|Short Description:||Solitary pulmonary nodule|
|Long Description:||Solitary pulmonary nodule|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code R91.1:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Coin lesion lung
- Solitary pulmonary nodule, subsegmental branch of the bronchial tree
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code R91.1 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Coin lesion
- Coin lesion of lung
- Finding of number of lesions
- Pulmonary nodule following infection by Coccidioides
- Single lesion
- Solitary nodule of lung
- SOLITARY PULMONARY NODULE-. a single lung lesion that is characterized by a small round mass of tissue usually less than 1 cm in diameter and can be detected by chest radiography. a solitary pulmonary nodule can be associated with neoplasm tuberculosis cyst or other anomalies in the lung the chest wall or the pleura.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code R91.1 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 205 - OTHER RESPIRATORY SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 206 - OTHER RESPIRATORY SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITHOUT MCC
Convert R91.1 to ICD-9
- 793.11 - Solitary pulmonry nodule
Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified (R00–R99)
Abnormal findings on diagnostic imaging and in function studies, without diagnosis (R90-R94)
Abnormal findings on diagnostic imaging of lung (R91)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020