Valid for Submission
R90.0 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of intracranial space-occupying lesion found on diagnostic imaging of central nervous system. The code is valid for the fiscal year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code R90.0 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like intracranial space-occupying lesion.
According to ICD-10-CM guidelines this code should not to be used as a principal diagnosis code when a related definitive diagnosis has been established.
|Short Description:||Intcrn space-occupying lesion found on dx imaging of cnsl|
|Long Description:||Intracranial space-occupying lesion found on diagnostic imaging of central nervous system|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code R90.0 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Intracranial space-occupying lesion
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code R90.0 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V38.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2021.
- 606 - MINOR SKIN DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 607 - MINOR SKIN DISORDERS WITHOUT MCC
Convert R90.0 to ICD-9
- 784.2 - Swelling in head & neck (Approximate Flag)
Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified (R00–R99)
Abnormal findings on diagnostic imaging and in function studies, without diagnosis (R90-R94)
Abnormal findings on diagnostic imaging of cnsl (R90)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021