R29.74 - NIHSS score 40-42
|Short Description:||NIHSS score 40-42|
|Long Description:||NIHSS score 40-42|
|Status:||Not Valid for Submission|
R29.74 is a non-specific and non-billable ICD-10 code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of nihss score 40-42. The code is not specific and is NOT valid for the year 2023 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. Category or Header define the heading of a category of codes that may be further subdivided by the use of 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th characters.
According to ICD-10-CM guidelines this code should not to be used as a principal diagnosis code when a related definitive diagnosis has been established.
Specific Coding for NIHSS score 40-42
Non-specific codes like R29.74 require more digits to indicate the appropriate level of specificity. Consider using any of the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity when coding for nihss score 40-42:
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018