Valid for Submission
R19.36 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of epigastric abdominal rigidity. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code R19.36 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like abdominal rigidity of epigastrium or guarding of epigastrium or o/e - guarding - epigastrium or o/e - guarding on palpation.
According to ICD-10-CM guidelines this code should not to be used as a principal diagnosis code when a related definitive diagnosis has been established.
|Short Description:||Epigastric abdominal rigidity|
|Long Description:||Epigastric abdominal rigidity|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code R19.36 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Abdominal rigidity of epigastrium
- Guarding of epigastrium
- O/E - guarding - epigastrium
- O/E - guarding on palpation
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code R19.36 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 393 - OTHER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 394 - OTHER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 395 - OTHER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert R19.36 to ICD-9
- 789.46 - Abdmnal rgdt epigastric
Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified (R00–R99)
Symptoms and signs involving the digestive system and abdomen (R10-R19)
Oth symptoms and signs involving the dgstv sys and abdomen (R19)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020