Valid for Submission
R19.07 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of generalized intra-abdominal and pelvic swelling, mass and lump. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code R19.07 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like on examination - abdominal mass fills abdomen or swollen abdomen.
According to ICD-10-CM guidelines this code should not to be used as a principal diagnosis code when a related definitive diagnosis has been established.
|Short Description:||Generalized intra-abd and pelvic swelling, mass and lump|
|Long Description:||Generalized intra-abdominal and pelvic swelling, mass and lump|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code R19.07:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Diffuse or generalized intra-abdominal swelling or mass NOS
- Diffuse or generalized pelvic swelling or mass NOS
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code R19.07 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- On examination - abdominal mass fills abdomen
- Swollen abdomen
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code R19.07 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 391 - ESOPHAGITIS, GASTROENTERITIS AND MISCELLANEOUS DIGESTIVE DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 392 - ESOPHAGITIS, GASTROENTERITIS AND MISCELLANEOUS DIGESTIVE DISORDERS WITHOUT MCC
Convert R19.07 to ICD-9
- 789.37 - Abdmnal mass generalized
Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified (R00–R99)
Symptoms and signs involving the digestive system and abdomen (R10-R19)
Oth symptoms and signs involving the dgstv sys and abdomen (R19)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020