Valid for Submission
R07.82 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of intercostal pain. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code R07.82 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like intercostal myalgia or pain of intercostal space.
The code is commonly used in family practice, internal medicine, cardiology, pediatrics medical specialties to specify clinical concepts such as chest pain.
According to ICD-10-CM guidelines this code should not to be used as a principal diagnosis code when a related definitive diagnosis has been established.
|Short Description:||Intercostal pain|
|Long Description:||Intercostal pain|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code R07.82 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Intercostal myalgia
- Pain of intercostal space
Convert R07.82 to ICD-9
- 786.59 - Chest pain NEC (Approximate Flag)
Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified (R00–R99)
Symptoms and signs involving the circulatory and respiratory systems (R00-R09)
Pain in throat and chest (R07)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020