Diagnosis Code P50.9
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 772.0 - NB fetal blood loss NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Fetal blood loss
- Fetal exsanguination
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code P50.9 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Newborn affected by fetal hemorrhage NOS
Information for Patients
It can be scary when your baby is sick, especially when it is not an everyday problem like a cold or a fever. You may not know whether the problem is serious or how to treat it. If you have concerns about your baby's health, call your health care provider right away.
Learning information about your baby's condition can help ease your worry. Do not be afraid to ask questions about your baby's care. By working together with your health care provider, you make sure that your baby gets the best care possible.
- Brief resolved unexplained event -- BRUE (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Crying - excessive (0-6 months) (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Failure to thrive (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hemorrhagic disease of the newborn (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hyperglycemia - infants (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neonatal respiratory distress syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neonatal sepsis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neutropenia - infants (Medical Encyclopedia)