Not Valid for Submission
P07.3 is a "header" nonspecific and non-billable code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of preterm [premature] newborn [other]. The code is NOT valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
|Short Description:||Preterm [premature] newborn [other]|
|Long Description:||Preterm [premature] newborn [other]|
Consider the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity:
- P07.30 - Preterm newborn, unspecified weeks of gestation
- P07.31 - Preterm newborn, gestational age 28 completed weeks
- P07.32 - Preterm newborn, gestational age 29 completed weeks
- P07.33 - Preterm newborn, gestational age 30 completed weeks
- P07.34 - Preterm newborn, gestational age 31 completed weeks
- P07.35 - Preterm newborn, gestational age 32 completed weeks
- P07.36 - Preterm newborn, gestational age 33 completed weeks
- P07.37 - Preterm newborn, gestational age 34 completed weeks
- P07.38 - Preterm newborn, gestational age 35 completed weeks
- P07.39 - Preterm newborn, gestational age 36 completed weeks
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code P07.3:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- 28 completed weeks or more but less than 37 completed weeks (196 completed days but less than 259 completed days) of gestation.
- Prematurity NOS
- FETAL MEMBRANES PREMATURE RUPTURE-. spontaneous tearing of the membranes surrounding the fetus any time before the onset of obstetric labor. preterm prom is membrane rupture before 37 weeks of gestation.
- INFANT PREMATURE-. a human infant born before 37 weeks of gestation.
- OBSTETRIC LABOR PREMATURE-. onset of obstetric labor before term term birth but usually after the fetus has become viable. in humans it occurs sometime during the 29th through 38th week of pregnancy. tocolysis inhibits premature labor and can prevent the birth of premature infants infant premature.
- PREMATURE BIRTH-. childbirth before 37 weeks of pregnancy 259 days from the first day of the mother's last menstrual period or 245 days after fertilization.
- INFANT EXTREMELY PREMATURE-. a human infant born before 28 weeks of gestation.
Certain conditions originating in the perinatal period (P00–P96)
Disorders of newborn related to length of gestation and fetal growth (P05-P08)
Disord of NB related to short gest and low birth weight, NEC (P07)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020