Valid for Submission
O98.919 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of unspecified maternal infectious and parasitic disease complicating pregnancy, unspecified trimester. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code O98.919 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like infectious disease in mother complicating pregnancy, childbirth and/or puerperium or infectious disease of mother complicating pregnancy.
The code O98.919 is applicable to female patients aged 12 through 55 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Unsp maternal infec/parastc disease comp preg, unsp tri|
|Long Description:||Unspecified maternal infectious and parasitic disease complicating pregnancy, unspecified trimester|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Maternity diagnoses - Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Infectious disease in mother complicating pregnancy, childbirth AND/OR puerperium
- Infectious disease of mother complicating pregnancy
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code O98.919 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 817 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITH MCC
- 818 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITH CC
- 819 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert O98.919 to ICD-9
- 647.90 - Infect in preg NOS-unsp (Approximate Flag)
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00–O99)
Other obstetric conditions, not elsewhere classified (O94-O9A)
Matern infec/parastc dis classd elsw but compl preg/chldbrth (O98)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020