Valid for Submission
O69.81X0 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of labor and delivery complicated by cord around neck, without compression, not applicable or unspecified. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code O69.81X0 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like had umbilical cord around neck or umbilical cord around neck or umbilical cord three times around neck.
The code O69.81X0 is applicable to female patients aged 12 through 55 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Labor and del comp by cord around neck, w/o comprsn, unsp|
|Long Description:||Labor and delivery complicated by cord around neck, without compression, not applicable or unspecified|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Maternity diagnoses - Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Had umbilical cord around neck
- Umbilical cord around neck
- Umbilical cord three times around neck
Convert O69.81X0 to ICD-9
- 663.31 - Cord entangle NEC-deliv (Approximate Flag)
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00–O99)
Complications of labor and delivery (O60-O77)
Labor and delivery complicated by umbilical cord comp (O69)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020