Valid for Submission
O69.2XX9 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of labor and delivery complicated by other cord entanglement, with compression, other fetus. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The code O69.2XX9 is applicable to female patients aged 12 through 55 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Labor and delivery comp by oth cord entangle, w comprsn, oth|
|Long Description:||Labor and delivery complicated by other cord entanglement, with compression, other fetus|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Maternity diagnoses - Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
Convert O69.2XX9 to ICD-9
- 663.21 - Cord compress NEC-deliv (Approximate Flag)
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00–O99)
Complications of labor and delivery (O60-O77)
Labor and delivery complicated by umbilical cord comp (O69)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020