Valid for Submission
O65.1 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of obstructed labor due to generally contracted pelvis. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code O65.1 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like generally contracted pelvis - delivered or obstructed labor caused by bony pelvis or obstructed labor due to generally contracted pelvis.
The code O65.1 is applicable to female patients aged 12 through 55 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Obstructed labor due to generally contracted pelvis|
|Long Description:||Obstructed labor due to generally contracted pelvis|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code O65.1 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Maternity diagnoses - Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Generally contracted pelvis - delivered
- Obstructed labor caused by bony pelvis
- Obstructed labor due to generally contracted pelvis
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code O65.1 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 817 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITH MCC
- 818 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITH CC
- 819 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert O65.1 to ICD-9
- 660.11 - Bony pelv obstruct-deliv (Combination Flag)
- 653.11 - Contract pelv NOS-deliv (Combination Flag)
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00–O99)
Complications of labor and delivery (O60-O77)
Obstructed labor due to maternal pelvic abnormality (O65)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020