Valid for Submission
O60.12X0 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of preterm labor second trimester with preterm delivery second trimester, not applicable or unspecified. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code O60.12X0 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like premature labor or preterm labor in second trimester with preterm delivery in second trimester.
The code O60.12X0 is applicable to female patients aged 12 through 55 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Preterm labor second tri w preterm delivery second tri, unsp|
|Long Description:||Preterm labor second trimester with preterm delivery second trimester, not applicable or unspecified|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Maternity diagnoses - Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Premature labor
- Preterm labor in second trimester with preterm delivery in second trimester
Convert O60.12X0 to ICD-9
- 644.21 - Early onset delivery-del (Approximate Flag)
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00–O99)
Complications of labor and delivery (O60-O77)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020