- ICD-10-CM Index
- Chapter: O00–O99
- Section: O30-O48
- Block: O36
- O36.8314 - Matern care for abnlt fetl hrt rate or rhym, 1st tri, fts4
Valid for Submission
O36.8314 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of maternal care for abnormalities of the fetal heart rate or rhythm, first trimester, fetus 4. The code O36.8314 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The code O36.8314 is applicable to female patients aged 12 through 55 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Matern care for abnlt fetl hrt rate or rhym, 1st tri, fts4|
|Long Description:||Maternal care for abnormalities of the fetal heart rate or rhythm, first trimester, fetus 4|
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00–O99)
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems (O30-O48)
Maternal care for other fetal problems (O36)
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Maternity diagnoses - The Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies in maternity cases by checking a patient's age and any diagnosis on the patient's record. The maternity code edits apply to patients age ange is 9–64 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
- Diagnoses for females only - The Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, these edits apply to FEMALES only
O368314 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- O36.8914 - Maternal care for oth fetal problems, first tri, fetus 4
The General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) crosswalk indicates an approximate mapping between the ICD-10 code O36.8314 its ICD-9 equivalent. The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 code and the ICD-9 code and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.
- 656.81 - Fet/plac prob NEC-deliv (Approximate Flag)
- 656.83 - Fet/plac prob NEC-antepa (Approximate Flag)
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018