Valid for Submission
O31.8X35 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other complications specific to multiple gestation, third trimester, fetus 5. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The code O31.8X35 is applicable to female patients aged 12 through 55 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Oth comp specific to multiple gest, third trimester, fetus 5|
|Long Description:||Other complications specific to multiple gestation, third trimester, fetus 5|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Maternity diagnoses - Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code O31.8X35 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 817 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITH MCC
- 818 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITH CC
- 819 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert O31.8X35 to ICD-9
- 651.81 - Multi gestat NEC-deliver (Approximate Flag)
- 651.83 - Multi gest NEC-antepart (Approximate Flag)
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00–O99)
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems (O30-O48)
Complications specific to multiple gestation (O31)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020