Valid for Submission
O30.801 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other specified multiple gestation, unspecified number of placenta and unspecified number of amniotic sacs, first trimester. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The code O30.801 is applicable to female patients aged 12 through 55 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Oth multiple gest, unsp num plcnta & amnio sacs, first tri|
|Long Description:||Other specified multiple gestation, unspecified number of placenta and unspecified number of amniotic sacs, first trimester|
This code was replaced in the 2020 ICD-10 code set with the code(s) listed below. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) has published an update to the ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes which became effective October 1, 2019. This code was replaced for the FY 2020 (October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2020).
- O30.831 - Oth mult gest, num chorions & amnions = num ftses, 1st tri
- O30.832 - Oth mult gest, num chorions & amnions = num ftses, 2nd tri
- O30.833 - Oth mult gest, num chorions & amnions = num ftses, 3rd tri
- O30.839 - Oth mult gest, num chorions & amnions = num ftses, unsp tri
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Maternity diagnoses - Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code O30.801 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 817 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITH MCC
- 818 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITH CC
- 819 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert O30.801 to ICD-9
- 651.81 - Multi gestat NEC-deliver (Approximate Flag)
- 651.83 - Multi gest NEC-antepart (Approximate Flag)
- 651.81 - Multi gestat NEC-deliver (Combination Flag)
- 651.83 - Multi gest NEC-antepart (Combination Flag)
- V91.90 - Mult gest-plac/sac NOS (Combination Flag)
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00–O99)
Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems (O30-O48)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020