Valid for Submission
O26.73 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of subluxation of symphysis (pubis) in the puerperium. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code O26.73 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like subluxation of symphysis pubis or subluxation of symphysis pubis in pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium.
The code O26.73 is applicable to female patients aged 12 through 55 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Subluxation of symphysis (pubis) in the puerperium|
|Long Description:||Subluxation of symphysis (pubis) in the puerperium|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code O26.73 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Maternity diagnoses - Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Subluxation of symphysis pubis
- Subluxation of symphysis pubis in pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Convert O26.73 to ICD-9
- 646.84 - Preg compl NEC-postpart (Approximate Flag)
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00–O99)
Other maternal disorders predominantly related to pregnancy (O20-O29)
Maternal care for oth conditions predom related to pregnancy (O26)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020