Valid for Submission
O23.599 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of infection of other part of genital tract in pregnancy, unspecified trimester. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code O23.599 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like bacterial vaginosis, bacterial vaginosis in pregnancy, candidiasis of vagina, candidiasis of vagina in pregnancy, genitourinary tract infection in pregnancy, infections of the genital tract in pregnancy, etc
The code O23.599 is applicable to female patients aged 12 through 55 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Infection oth prt genital tract in pregnancy, unsp trimester|
|Long Description:||Infection of other part of genital tract in pregnancy, unspecified trimester|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Maternity diagnoses - Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Bacterial vaginosis in pregnancy
- Candidiasis of vagina
- Candidiasis of vagina in pregnancy
- Genitourinary tract infection in pregnancy
- Infections of the genital tract in pregnancy
- Vaginitis in pregnancy
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code O23.599 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 817 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITH MCC
- 818 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITH CC
- 819 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURE WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert O23.599 to ICD-9
- 646.60 - Gu infect in preg-unspec (Approximate Flag)
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00–O99)
Other maternal disorders predominantly related to pregnancy (O20-O29)
Infections of genitourinary tract in pregnancy (O23)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020