Valid for Submission
N99.821 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of postprocedural hemorrhage of a genitourinary system organ or structure following other procedure. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code N99.821 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like abnormal uterine bleeding unrelated to menstrual cycle or nonmenstrual uterine bleeding following procedure.
|Short Description:||Postproc hemor of a GU sys org following other procedure|
|Long Description:||Postprocedural hemorrhage of a genitourinary system organ or structure following other procedure|
This code was replaced in the 2020 ICD-10 code set with the code(s) listed below. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) has published an update to the ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes which became effective October 1, 2019. This code was replaced for the FY 2020 (October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2020).
- N99.841 - Postproc hematoma of a GU sys org following other procedure
- N99.843 - Postproc seroma of a GU sys org following other procedure
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code N99.821 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding unrelated to menstrual cycle
- Nonmenstrual uterine bleeding following procedure
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code N99.821 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 919 - COMPLICATIONS OF TREATMENT WITH MCC
- 920 - COMPLICATIONS OF TREATMENT WITH CC
- 921 - COMPLICATIONS OF TREATMENT WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert N99.821 to ICD-9
- 998.11 - Hemorrhage complic proc (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the genitourinary system (N00–N99)
Intraoperative and postprocedural complications and disorders of genitourinary system, not elsewhere classified (N99)
Intraop and postproc comp and disorders of GU sys, NEC (N99)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - Code Updated, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- New Description: Postprocedural hemorrhage and hematoma of a genitourinary system organ or structure following other procedure
- Previous Description: Postprocedural hemorrhage and hematoma of a genitourinary system organ or structure following other procedure
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020