Valid for Submission
N85.6 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of intrauterine synechiae. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code N85.6 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like adhesions of uterus or asherman syndrome or intrauterine synechiae.
The code N85.6 is applicable to female patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient.
|Short Description:||Intrauterine synechiae|
|Long Description:||Intrauterine synechiae|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code N85.6 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Adhesions of uterus
- Asherman syndrome
- Intrauterine synechiae
- GYNATRESIA-. absence of a normal opening in the lumen of the female genital tract from the fallopian tubes to the vagina. this anomaly may be congenital or acquired due to injuries diseases or tissue adhesions.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code N85.6 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 742 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITH CC/MCC
- 743 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert N85.6 to ICD-9
- 621.5 - Intrauterine synechiae
Diseases of the genitourinary system (N00–N99)
Noninflammatory disorders of female genital tract (N80-N98)
Other noninflammatory disorders of uterus, except cervix (N85)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020