Valid for Submission
N42.32 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of atypical small acinar proliferation of prostate. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The code N42.32 is applicable to male patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-male patient.
|Short Description:||Atypical small acinar proliferation of prostate|
|Long Description:||Atypical small acinar proliferation of prostate|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code N42.32 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Diagnoses for males only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to MALES only
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code N42.32 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 729 - OTHER MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH CC/MCC
- 730 - OTHER MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
N4232 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- N42.3 - Dysplasia of prostate
Convert N42.32 to ICD-9
- 602.3 - Dysplasia of prostate (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the genitourinary system (N00–N99)
Diseases of male genital organs (N40-N53)
Other and unspecified disorders of prostate (N42)
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020