Valid for Submission
N42.30 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of unspecified dysplasia of prostate. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code N42.30 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like dysplasia of prostate.
The code N42.30 is applicable to male patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-male patient.
|Short Description:||Unspecified dysplasia of prostate|
|Long Description:||Unspecified dysplasia of prostate|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code N42.30 are found in the index:
- - Dysplasia - See Also: Anomaly;
- - prostate - See Also: Neoplasia, intraepithelial, prostate; - N42.30
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Diagnoses for males only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to MALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code N42.30 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 729 - OTHER MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH CC/MCC
- 730 - OTHER MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
N4230 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- N42.3 - Dysplasia of prostate
Convert N42.30 to ICD-9
- 602.3 - Dysplasia of prostate (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the genitourinary system (N00–N99)
Diseases of male genital organs (N40-N53)
Other and unspecified disorders of prostate (N42)
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020