Valid for Submission
N13.39 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other hydronephrosis. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code N13.39 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like acquired hydronephrosis, acquired hydronephrosis due to bladder obstruction, acquired obstruction of urinary tract, hydronephrosis due to bladder obstruction, hydroureter, hydroureteronephrosis, etc
|Short Description:||Other hydronephrosis|
|Long Description:||Other hydronephrosis|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code N13.39 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Acquired hydronephrosis
- Acquired hydronephrosis due to bladder obstruction
- Acquired obstruction of urinary tract
- Hydronephrosis due to bladder obstruction
- HYDRONEPHROSIS-. abnormal enlargement or swelling of a kidney due to dilation of the kidney calices and the kidney pelvis. it is often associated with obstruction of the ureter or chronic kidney diseases that prevents normal drainage of urine into the urinary bladder.
- PYONEPHROSIS-. distention of kidney with the presence of pus and suppurative destruction of the renal parenchyma. it is often associated with renal obstruction and can lead to total or nearly total loss of renal function.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code N13.39 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 693 - URINARY STONES WITH MCC
- 694 - URINARY STONES WITHOUT MCC
Convert N13.39 to ICD-9
- 591 - Hydronephrosis (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the genitourinary system (N00–N99)
Renal tubulo-interstitial diseases (N10-N16)
Obstructive and reflux uropathy (N13)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020